Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Zemanta

Zemanta is Firefox add on which adds to blogging platforms like blogger,wordpress and Typepad more options from adding articles from wikipedia and from all the internet ,photos from flickr , links based on words and even labels. It is a great add on , but there are short comes

1. It is for Firefox only.
2. It is for English language only.
3. It only works when you write specific number of characters. "300 Characters"
4. I hate that Zemified button

To tell you the truth I rarely use the HTML editor of blogger.com because I use instead Windows Live Writer all the time , even in my wordpress blogs , it was only recently I began to use the rich editor in wordpress because they developed it so much , not to mention the attractive GUI , still I love WLW because of the plugins features , you can add endless stuff in your post through it but fair is fair I think Zemanta is not that bad

By the way I am not only testing Zemanta in this post but I also testing the scheduled post feature in Draft blogger as it was fixed too.

I will try Zemanta in Wordpress and say if it is working or not especially that one of wordpress blogs is in Arabic

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving us a try. We're looking closely at Windows Live Writer and we'll cover this at some point also.

    Our engine works best for English text, but people are reporting some good results if they use enough English terms in other languages (like company names or trademarks).

    If you have any questions or ideas, we'd love to hear them at getsatisfaction.com/zemanta or just drop me a mail - jure@zemanta.com

    Jure Cuhalev, Zemanta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I like that one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jure, thanks for dropping by , your add on is really good , already I tried in my Arabic blog and i was surprised to find that it brought some photos and links when I wrote the word Alexandria in Arabia
    seriously it is good
    by the way IE8 is going to have plugins and extensions like Firefox

    @egyptian Tea, you welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news!

    Zemanta now supports Windows Live Writer!

    Check it out at http://www.zemanta.com/download/livewriter

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Zemantic dreams,
    thank you so much , I already use it in Firefox and saw the wonderful news yesterday , I downloaded immediately and began to use it ,It is great add on

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.