Thursday, January 25, 2007

The 25th of January celebrate or not celebrate

Today the 25th of January is the Police day in Egypt , we celebrate the police on that day.

It remarks the anniversary of the great battle that happened in Ismalayia between the Egyptian police and the British forces , it is especial to me because it was a very important mark in the history of my grand father as journalist.

Yet for some reason I don't feel like to celebrate it this year in the usual the history narrator mode like in all other important Egyptian days. I want to share with you all what I know but I feel so angry and sad

Angry from the current police and sad for what happen to him

How can I celebrate that day with my all respect to the police officers in Egypt from the biggest rank to the smallest rank with all those torture and police brutally ??

How can I celebrate that day if now the Egyptian average Joe is scared from going to any police station to get a service??

How can I celebrate that day if all the police effort is concentrated only on the political security and ignoring the society security??

The traffic is from bad to worse to worst

Fighting crime , sexual harassments drugs ,well I don't see any improvement what so ever

Crimes ,well it is enough to say "The Maadi slayer case" to know what level the Egyptian police reached!!

It is disgrace for great police service like the Egyptian one to turn like this ,I say this because I know the history of Egyptian police very well and because as any Egyptian family we have police men and we are proud of them.

If we really want to honor those great men who stood against the British forces and dazzled them with their bravery , who really stood with the people not against them

If we really want to honor those great men who give their lives on a daily basis fighting crimes ,terrorism to bring peace and make us sleep well at night

we must stop that unacceptable behavior of the minority of the police forces ,yes they are the minority not the the majority

But the problem the majority is always accountable for what the minority do

We got a problem that is the police brutality

Regular people now fear the police and the police officers , it became a scary job, a scary class,you want facts and examples ,I will tell you some

I will speak about an important fact that now in the middle class which I belong to ,families think twice if a police officer comes and asks for the hand of their daughter ,think twice and they may not approve in the end ,because of the fame of the brutality and violence of the police officers that spread lately . They were several domestic violence cases that shocked the Egyptian society were the victims were always the police officers wives that reached to the level of death sorry murder ,and I won't lie and I say that I don't know some of those abused women. 

Another example , take any taxi in Egypt whether in Cairo or any other big city and just listen to the hate and complain about the Police treatment to them

Once I was taking a taxi to Cairo University and while we were in the way and stopped when the light was red, near the intersection in the zoo area , one of the police forces , not an officer of course ,opened the taxi door and sat down in the front seat beside the taxi driver ordering him to drive him some ,to say the truth I don't know why I didn't speak may be because it was the exam time and I was studying ,I arrived to where I wanted and left them ,100% I know for sure he didn't pay for that taxi driver again

I don't know what happened to make the relation between people like this !!

There are fire works now in Cairo yet I don't feel like watching them first I am sick again with the boldly cold ,second I don't feel like celebrating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.