Thursday, October 26, 2006

About the Naqab and the veil "Jack and the last straw"

Ok so this will be the first post in a serious about the Naqab and the veil thing which is causing all this buzz whether outside or inside to be discussed.

It started with Jack Straw's article about the Naqab which is unfortunately is considered as a veil in the west as ,they call it as full veil as Naqab may be as an Arab word is difficult or unknown to them ,and instead of the veil there is headscarf and I think that headscarf is fine . Now enough of silly word games and let's go to the content of the small column that started all the buzz in the west and east ,ironically it was a short column in a local newspaper , I wonder what if it were an essay , what it will be the result ??!!

Anyway I recommend to read the column which was re-published in Guardian Unlimited online edition and please ignore the Stupid racist ignorant comments in the end.

I read the article , and the only thing I may object on is the mixing between the Veil and Naqab , but other than that I believe there is something Islamic facts in it regarding the Naqab , yet I don't know if it was the correct time to Straw to say his opinion .I know how it can be strange to talk to someone for some time and she is hiding her face , believe it or not sometime I feel the same feeling Straw felt  when I talk a lady with Naqab , because Eye contact is not enough , I need to see your face ,it makes me feel more comfortable and I am Muslim,so imagine for someone who is not Muslim nor from a Muslim country ,a western, how he can feel !!?? I swear I saw a girl who covers her eyes too ,I don't know how she can see but she covers her eyes

The man did n't ask them to take off the headscarf but only the the part over the face

Plus he mentioned very important Islamic facts which I will mention later in the Soad Salah 's post insh Allah

Yet the problem is the timing of this article , Muslims now became very sensitive ,in fact I became very sensitive when I read any word concerning Islam ,Muslim,Quran , let's face the fact after 9/11 we became like the Soviets , the villains of the world , and just like the Soviets we don't try to fix this but instead we left it to accumulate more and more till it reached to the unacceptable level insult from the Danish Cartoons to the Pope's Insults

On the other hand there is a great hate towards the Muslim community rising in Europe , two factors , fear factor ,no one can deny that those terrorist acts in London and Madrid had their share , also those radical clerics who forgot their religion and forgot that they are not in their home country , the other factor is the rapid increase in conversion to Islam that led many to think that there is an Islamification of Europe, also the birth rate for Muslims are much more than any other religious community , for God sake I know a lady who lives in Britain from Egyptian Origin who is married to a British man and got four kids in four years , a child per year

So you got here a security fears from the people themselves , the Europeans , fear on their security and their culture an freedom too

Media in the west of course is helping too much in increasing these fears , let's face Muslims became the favorite material in the media , they are now in the spot light more than ever

This is just the beginning ,as I write more ideas are coming in to my head so come back again :)

 

More about the Straw and the Veil from BBC "Youtube is wonderful"

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.